Microsoft SQL is a RDMS (relational database management system) developed by Microsoft that is widely used at corporate and enterprises level to effectively manage database. MS SQL increases the robust performances of the software by retrieving data by means of SQL queries as it is mostly used in back-end connectivity with the software user- interface. Extensively used by software developers and data architect, MS SQL gives wide range of advanced features and functionalities for data modeling and normalization of raw information.
What is SQL Server Database?
SQL is stand for structure query language and SQL server is a database management system which is used to store and manage the data. It is used to store 3 types of data such as
- Primary SQL Server Database file (MDF): This file is used to store the startup information of database and each database has one MDF file to store the indexes, functions, columns, views, values, table, keys, etc.
- Secondary SQL Server Database file (NDF): It is an optional file and used to send the data to the multiple disks and to store the user data.
- Log SQL Server Database file (LDF): It is a backup file and used to store the log information.
What are the common SQL database errors?
There is different messages display, when any database error occurs. Such as
- Msg 823 error in SQL Server
- Msg 824 in SQL Server
- Msg 825 (read retry) in SQL Server
- Msg 832 (constant page has changed) in SQL Server
- Msg 7105 in SQL Server
- Msg 5180 in SQL Server
- Msg 605 with SQL Server
- Error 3414 and a failed database recovery with SQL Server
- Error 17204 and 17207 in SQL Server
- Error 9004 in SQL Server
- Database consistency errors reported by DBCC CHECKB
- SQL Server Page Level Corruption
- Corruption on non-clustered indexes
- MS SQL Table Connection Corruption Error
What are the common factors that cause corruption in a MS SQL Database?
- Power failure/improper system shutdown
- Media corruption
- Data storage failure where MDB files are stored
- File header corruption
- Hard disk failure
- Storing SQL database in compressed folders
- Computer virus/malware
- Human errors
- Modification in SQL account
- Defective networking device
- Upgrading to SQL server
- Insufficient space
How to prevent MS SQL database from any virus?
- Use WAF (web application firewall) to prevent database from any malicious infections.
- Delete unwanted functionality to prevent database from any computer hacker.
- Validate all the entered data
- Use static statements, queries or procedure
- Use limited access account
- Change your application password on regular bases to prevent data from hackers.
How to repair the corrupt MS SQL files?
- By using Log file or backup file
- By using database console commands such as DBCC CHECKDB and DBCC DEBREPAIR.
- By using MS SQL Database Recovery Tool
MS SQL Database Recovery Tool is very efficient to repair the all types of errors in the SQL server database. This tool supports the MS SQL server 2000, 2005, 2008 and higher version. You can repair any type of SQL database corruption in two different modes i.e Standard mode and Advanced mode. Download and follow the below steps to repair your corrupted MS SQL database.
Step 1: Download MS SQL Database Recovery Tool and click on Open button.
Step 2: Click Browse to select corrupt MDF file.
Step 3: Select the corrupt MDF file from the list and click Open.
Step 4: Select any Recovery mode and click OK.
Step 5: Once the scanning process completed, click on OK.
Step 6: Expand the folders in the left hand side panel. Double-click any item to see its preview in the “Preview Pane”.
Step 7: Select the items in the left hand side panel to save them and click Save.
Step 8: Select the saving option in which you want to save the recovered data. Click OK.
Step 9: Once the saving process completed. Click OK.
Step 10: Now click Close to close the software application. Click Yes.