PDF stands for Portable Document Format which is used to view, navigate, print and share the documents. It is created using Adobe Acrobat, Acrobat Capture, etc. and also stands for Netware Printer Definition File. PDF contains images, links, buttons, form fields, video, business card, etc. User can view and edit the PDF files with the help of free Acrobat Reader.
In this blog, we discuss about the PDF files, advantages of PDF, reason of corruption, errors and method of PDF repairing.
Types of PDF Files:
Native PDF Files: The PDF file generated from an electronic source.
Scanned PDF File: The PDF file created by scanning a physical paper documents.
Advantages of PDF Files:
- Document-Level Security: PDF file is also used to share the business documents over internet and in that case security of the shared files is very important. Hence, PDF has a feature to add password security so that unauthorized person can’t be access the files easily.
- Easily View and Edit PDF Files: With the help of free Adobe Acrobat Reader, user can easily retrieve, view and print the PDF files.
- Compatible with Multiple Platforms such as hardware, software and operating system (OS).
- Compact and Easily Compress Large Files.
- Easily share or transfer over the network.
- Electronic signature
Reason or Causes of PDF File Corruption:
There are several causes of data corruption in a system. Most of the time user faces such challenge in a PDF file because of the given reason.
- Virus or Malware Attacks: It is a common issue which exists in many system files such as PDF, doc file, etc.
- Improper System Shutdown: Many times, system shutdown automatically because of power failure, interruption, etc. and which leads toward the PDF corruption.
- Incomplete Download Process: Any interruption at the time of PDF downloading causes PDF corruption.
- Incompatible PDF Viewer Tool – PDF files also corrupted because of incompatibility errors.
Common Error in PDF Files:
- PDF file is corrupted due to system malfunction.
- File does not begin with %PDF.
- This file contains information not understood by the viewer.
- There was an error opening this document.
- PDF file not readable with Acrobat Reader.
- The root object is missing or invalid.
How to Repair PDF Files?
PDF files are very important file format which is used to view, edit and forward the important data over the internet. As other data files, PDF also corrupted due to several reasons. User can easily view and share the PDF files, but, cannot repair the files manually. Hence, for that there are a number of PDF recovery tool available through which user can repair or fix all errors in the PDF files. Check out the solution here and know how PDF recovery Tool recover the corrupted PDF files.
Step 1: Install and run the PDF Recovery Tool. Choose Single PDF files or Multiple PDF files according to your preferences. Click on Next button.
Step 2: Choose PDF file recovery mode either Standard Mode or Advanced Mode and click Next.
Step 3: Now you will see a message i.e Please wait while images are extracting ….
Step 4: Once extraction process completed, you will see the list of extracted images and now, to save the PDF files, click Next.
Step 5: Now, choose the destination path to save the PDF files. There are three options available so you can use anyone i.e Save output files in original PDF files folder or Save extracted images or Save extracted text. Click on Save button.
Step 6: Wait until the PDF files saving in the system.
Step 7: Once the process completed, the success message display.
I hope this PDF recovery tool will helps you to repair your corrupted PDF files and allow you to access the files easily.